Friday, July 17, 2015

The Craziest Ride

Well, where to begin.  It has been a long 16 month absence from New Eden. One that has been rife with uncertainty and facing one's own mortality.  If some of you remember, I got a divorce in 2013.  That wasn't the only terrible thing that happened to me that year.  I also found out dreaded news, news that would change the very scope of my existence.  I was diagnosed with cancer.  Hodgkin's Lymphoma AND stage 1 non small cell lung cancer.  I was terrified.  I had a young son and preteen daughter to think about. what would they do without me if I died? I just got a divorce so how would I see them on my days when I was barely able to move about the house from therapy? So many questions were running through my mind. As one could guess, it was very overwhelming.  Between treatments and my developing depression over it all I lost 80 lbs.  I am not a small guy.  I average a weight between 230-240 depending on the time of year...and I am 6'2".  I haven't been below 200lbs since I was freshman in high school.  I dropped to a staggering 157lbs.  My moods were horrible. The fact that my now fiance stayed with me through it all is a blessing that I will never be able to properly thank her for.

Now I know what you are all thinking, I am still alive obviously, so how I am doing? Well, I am in remission as of April 4th of this year!!! Financially I am not well off, as the year off of work hasn't bode well with my finances.  I had to file bankruptcy at the end of last year and move in with my fiance (which obviously wasn't too bad of a thing).  What does this mean for myself and EVE? Well, I am trying to pay for 4 accounts as I have certain plans, or at least ideas, that I want to implement.  So for now, I am flying internet spaceships.  A lot has changed.  A lot continues to change. I love every minute of it!

So what am I doing?  I have, for now, returned to W-Space and my friends in SSC.  Trying to get fights and become space rich is serious business!  I have noticed some big changes to how W-Space is, especially since most of the big W Alliances are no more or have moved on. Fights are more in Null and Low.  I am not yet sure how that sits with me.  I have a lot of things I wish to do in EVE...mostly revolved around PVP and keeping my wallet fat enough to continue said PVP.  I have some thoughts of where I would like to be in the next year, and no matter how many thoughts I have, the #1 thought is to eventually end up (I can hope right?) in Snigg.  "WHAT?!?!" you say.  Why Snigg? Let's face it these guys find fights. EVERYWHERE.  It would be the accumulation of all my pvp experience to end up there.  I only really know one member of PL, and  only through her blog and a few tweets.  My plan does involve going to WAFFLES first, if they would have me.  Between numerous AFGs due to the prior marriage, breaking my back, and cancer it is going to take a lot to get back into being a decent pilot, so I can learn to be a great pilot.

This is all a plan though, and plans normally change.  First I need to secure my finances, probably replace my 3 yr old ROG laptop, and get a dedicated hard line CAT6 for my connection.  So I will keep you updated as I think of ideas and things to write about.  I have let this blog collect way too much dust.  I still need to learn image embedding and perhaps have a logo made up.  I thank you all fro the support I have received from friends withing the game.  You are why I write this.  Please share this and I hope to see you in space!

Fly Dangerously,
o7
Rylia

No comments:

Post a Comment